09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Tuesday 14 February 2012

Retro Bobble Purse

Happy Valentines Day!

Bobble frame from U-Handbag and Kokka fabric from FabricRehab
This is the first time I've made a purse with a frame. It is a little bit crooked, but I don't think anyone will notice if I don't point it out to them. I am very happy with it. It's mine, all mine. No giving this one away (sorry, Sang).

Inside - internal pocket with decorative hand stitching. 
I saw the frame here about six months ago. And bought some fabric to go with it shortly after. And then, having assembled everything I needed to make the bag, I put it off, because I was, well, just a bit nervous of mucking it up.

There was no pattern to follow - with purse frames all being different shapes and sizes, you just have to make a pattern to fit the particular frame you have in front of you. This seemed like a big hurdle.

When I eventually looked into it and had a go, it wasn't that hard after all. Phew. The instructions here helped. And, having been frustrated at how quickly those cute little framed purses my girls get given break and come apart, I wasn't overly optimistic about making one myself. But decent fabric glue (I used Gutterman) makes a world of difference. I have tugged and pulled my new purse and it isn't budging from the frame. Whoop, whoop.

And, as I didn't have a clue just how little fabric this purse would take, there is enough of the gorgeous Japanese linen left to squeeze a summer skirt to match. Whoop, whoop. Watch this space.

Bag heaven

1 comment:

  1. Hi

    I love the purse you made, and the pic on facebook of U-handbag brought me here to see all the excellent stuff you made. I am new crafty , please see the stuff I made on http://creative-handstudio.blogspot.com/, feel free to leave comment and advice, or follow me :)

    ReplyDelete