09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Monday 9 April 2012

Number 4


Lisette 2211
I've just realised this is the fourth time I have made a skirt using this pattern. Perhaps it's time to branch out a bit with patterns, but there is something to be said for sticking with what you like, eh?

One reason I like this particular skirt so much is that it hardly takes any fabric to make. I made this one because I wanted to have one on the go as a sample for one of my current courses (now dubbed `The Skirt Ladies'), and had scraps left over from the half metre I bought for making this retro bobble purse.

Admittedly, the only way I manage to get a skirt out of under half a metre is by making a slightly shorter version of the short version - that sounds worse than it actually is - remember I am short. If my legs were in a fit state to appear bare in front of a camera, I would model the skirt to prove to you all it is respectably short. For now, you'll just have to take my word for it that the skirt is on the cute side of short.

Anyhow, I stumbled across a thoroughly delightful blog just yesterday, that has inspired me to venture into new patterns, starting with a Violet blouse, probably in black, to go with the new skirt and purse.

I waffle on too much. Here's the skirt:

Hand stitched black outlines and buttons were a complete after thought - spurred
on by the fact the sight of the almost finished skirt didn't inspire me much.
The seams on the other hand - well, clearly it was love at first sight enough to
make me take several pictures so that their neatness could be admired by all
(well, my seamstress Mum, when she's back off her holiday, that is)
Yes, I am sad - but the happy sight of these seams is enough to make me reach for some Smug Cake
(or, to make a small indent into the tower of Easter eggs the children have been given)

Nearly finished - and a bit, well, lacking...


Ta-dah!
Okay, I admit it - I have one more variation on this skirt left I'd like to do before trying something else. And a tunic, too...

After reading Winnie's lovely blog, I spent last night dreaming up a modified version
of the tunic, using this Liberty print, involving a pretty collar and some ric rac...

A day late, but Happy Easter, everyone.

2 comments: