09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Monday, 17 March 2014

Oh, you silly sausage (dog). Another Coco!

Oh, you silly sausage (dog). Another Coco.
Fabrics from KitschyCoo
Hello, readers. This post is just a quick one - having had a productive morning, I'm trying to fight the post lunch (beans on toast, with a smear of Marmite and a sprinkling of mature cheddar) slump, and am typing this while I have a mug of tea to gear myself up for the afternoon with the littlest two girls.

Rock and roll, baby.
 Here's my latest Coco, made last night. I saw the sausage dogs and knew we belonged together. Not the most grown up item of clothing, but I like it and welcome it as a happy addition to my wardrobe for something to liven up a jeans and t shirt sort of a day.

This was my first go at piecing two types of fabric together for a Coco, and I must say I am really happy with the results. I spent ages trying to work out the best way to position the sausage dogs, and they behaved themselves pretty well and stayed where I wanted them to. He, he.

The ratio of dogs to stripes was largely determined by the size of fabric I had - I only bought half a metre of each for this top, and, with some careful cutting, I managed to make the garment. I feel I have cheated the fabric gods by pulling this off with a mere metre. Happy dance!

The fabric was from Kitschy Coo, by the way.

More silly faces...  (who knew washing up was such fun)
I am totally loving all the Coco pictures popping up on Twitter at the moment, and have just one more of my own planned before switching my sewing attentions onto other things. Tilly has a great round up of some fabulous versions on her blog today, should you want some inspiration for your own one.

Happy Monday, everyone!

7 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you! Are you making a Coco, too?

      Delete
  2. I am so jealous of this (in a good way, of course)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can heartily recommend Kitschy Coo for the fabric

      Delete
  3. Love the top! How far down on the sleeve pattern did you mark your lines for the color blocking? I've got the bodice part figured out, just trying to figure out the sleeves so everything matches up. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine aren't perfectly matched- I measured about 10cm along from the point where the centre seam is on the sleeve. I think I might reduce it slightly if doing it again. Good luck with yours!

      Delete
  4. Fabulous work! love the dogs w/ the stripes! I love doxie dogs - so thank you for letting us know where the material is from!

    ReplyDelete