09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Saturday, 11 February 2017

Fancy Purse Workshops

Fancy Purse Workshop, Friday 24th February

I've named these purses after my favourite cake shop, Fancy, where I live in Bedford. When it's cold and grey outside, I need cake in my life even more than normal.


When I sneak off for a big fat slice of cake at Fancy, these little purses are the perfect size to fit in the essentials, and slip into my coat pocket. No phone, just a book under my arm, and off I go for a little bit of sanity time. Who am I kidding - the book is generally for appearances - I am a very slow reader and barely get any reading done whilst in a cafe by myself, because I am too busy stuffing my face with cake and ear wigging other people's conversations.


I made this batch up purses with my next workshops in mind - it took me ages to choose which Liberty prints to use, but the sewing was pretty easy. It's fun to make something little like this that comes together quickly, to give a gratifying "I made that!" boost to your day.

And, by the way, I'm declaring it an unlimited tea and cake affair for this round of workshops. It is winter, and we need it. Regulars know that I'm always open to requests, so feel free to tell me yours if you book a place.

The workshops will be on Friday 24th February, and there's an afternoon and an evening one happening.


Now my problem is limiting myself to just one purse. Maybe I should randomly give them to friends as little unexpected gifts to perk up February. I do not need anymore Liberty prints in my life. Really. Maybe a couple or so.

2 comments:

  1. These are adorable! Such pretty purses - I think you need ALL the Liberty prints in your life but equally your friends will love them (and you) too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these... and your thoughts on cake consumption during February. Such a sweet idea to share these Liberty delights with your friends, sure to perk them up on these grey days

    ReplyDelete