09 10

SIGN UP FOR OUR NEWSLETTER!

Friday, 21 April 2017

Dress making season is here


Hello readers.

I snapped this picture a couple of weeks ago to capture a memory of a happy mood, as I set off on the train to Brighton, ready to take part in the marathon there with my friend, Gis. We seem to be a bit unlucky with our marathon weather, as, for the second year running, we found ourselves going the distance on the hottest day of the year so far. Yikes. Anyhow, we did it - thanks to sheer bloody-mindedness, and, the thought of posh cocktails at The Grand. 

I've been on a dress making spree over the last month or so, and I still have a couple more planned in my head. I know I'm not alone in associating the spring with a strong desire to sew dresses ready for the warmer weather that is about to follow. This Betty dress has become my favourite - I absolutely love the fabric. It is a border print that I bought from a stall at a sewing show with Mum - I had already spent the budget I had mentally allocated for the day, and then, well, this beauty caught my eye.

Term has started back again, and my spare time has vanished with it. But, I have a plan. With the announcement of another election, I think I have found the push I need to quit social media until after it is done. That should take away one distraction, and free up some time for dress making and other lovely stuff.

Happy weekend, one and all. I hope you manage to squeeze in some sewing time.

3 comments:

  1. Well done on completing the Brighton marathon - that's an impressive distance.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your new dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Caroline! The distance was certainly impressive, even if my time was not. Hope you're well. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, a marathon! Well done you. Love the look of this dress, I have lots of plans for some spring sewing but have yet to do any... Soon!

    ReplyDelete